Career Opportunities: Front Desk Staff
Are you looking for a career in Neurology? Pinehurst Neurology is now hiring at their 10 Page Drive location. Front Desk Staff needed for busy Neurology practice; friendly environment, great benefits, full-time positions only. Medical office experience preferred, but will train. Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 910-295-8781 attn: Practice Administrator
JOB SUMMARY: Greets all patients or visitors presenting to the front desk. Collects co-pays, co-insurances, and any past due balances from patients. Schedules returning appointments upon patients’ check out. Answers the multi-line telephone. Verifies insurance benefits and eligibility. Obtains insurances authorizations. Assists and counsels self-pay patients. Balances the money drawer at the end of each day. Performs other duties as necessary.
CHECK-IN/OUT ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Greets patients presenting at front desk.
2. Collects co-pays, co-insurances, and any past due balances from patients.
3. Assists patients filling out disability and medical records release and collects related fees.
4. Ensures information on fee tickets is accurate to the best of their ability.
5. Makes announcements when clinic is running behind schedule.
6. Maintains confidentiality in all matters relating to patients.
7. Assists with check in and switchboard.
8. Assists with insurance verification, pre-certification, and eligibility.
9. Helps mailing reception packets to all new patients prior to appointments.
10. Handles patients’ inquiry or concern about their medical insurance or their financial status.
11. Corrects when necessary any incorrect patients’ information in the system.
12. Helps keeping the front desk area stocked with necessary supplies and clean the front area as needed.
13. Forwards all medical records and disability forms to the Medical Records department.
14. Communicates with clinic’s staff regarding patients processing delays.
15. Prepares necessary paperwork for the next business day.
16. Verifies patients’ balances prior to their visit.
17. Signs in all vendors or visitors presenting at the front desk.
18. Performs other duties as necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. High School graduate.
2. Medical Terminology.
3. At least one year experience in Customer Service preferable in the medical field.
4. Spanish speaking a plus.
5. Good knowledge of WORD AND EXCEL.
1. Basic knowledge of office functions and procedures.
2. Ability to deal with patients who may be ill, confused, and/or distraught as well as the general public.
3. Good sense of organization and the ability to work independently.
4. Ability to maintain composure and emotions in difficult situations.
5. Job requires being reliable, responsible, dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
POSITION RELATIONSHIP: Front Desk employees do not supervise any other personnel. They receive supervision and guidance from the Office Manager followed by the Practice Administrator.